I know it has been a minute since I've had a chance to sit down and pour out my foodie soul through our blog... and I had to share something extra delicious to make up for my absence!
Listen, it is getting HOT here in Arizona. We are looking at 117-degree temperatures in June! Yuck. But- it’s a dry heat, right?
With that said, Lord knows I am not getting out and about, getting my steps in as I normally would during the stunning Arizona weather months. So, I turn to meals that are more carb conscious and don't miss a beat on flavor!
If you know me, you know I adore Mexican cuisine. I could literally eat it three times a day. Breakfast burritos, tacos, enchiladas, CHIPS AND SALSA ALL THE TIME. You get it. Well, the recipe I share with you today has all that fabulous Mexican flare and flavor without the carby guilt. I call it Keto Fundido! Oven roasted chicken breast, smothered in homemade jalapeno cream cheese sauce, fresh tomato salsa, and fabulous spices, served over crisp fajita veggies. It is soo yummy and flavorful! This baby bakes in the oven for about 25 minutes until it gets all that bubbly, golden goodness. The timing is perfect while preparing an assortment of fresh fajita veggies. Quick, delicious, and guilt free. That is a win! Now, of course if you would like to enjoy this inside a tortilla, I can tell you from personal experience it is fantastic! A fresh margarita on the side isn't half bad either.. but we are trying to be healthy here! I'll stay on track!
I hope you fall in love with this dish, and let us know what you think!
As always, I send love and Sweet Moments from my family to yours!
· (2) 8 oz. Chicken Breasts
· Salt and Pepper to season
· ½ teaspoon chili powder
· ½ teaspoon cumin
· ½ teaspoon onion and garlic powder
1. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on each side. In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, onion and garlic powder. Sprinkle the seasoning blend on to chicken and rub it in evenly.
2. Place into a glass baking dish and set aside.
Jalapeno Cream Cheese Sauce:
· 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
· ¼ cup pickled jalapenos, chopped
· 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno juices
· ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
· 1 oz. Mexican cheese blend
1. In a bowl, combine cream cheese, jalapenos, juices, garlic powder, and cheese blend. Mix until well incorporated.
Tip: Make this the day before for even more flavor!
Roasted Tomato Salsa:
· 3 Roma tomatoes
· 1/4 of a small onion
· 1 tsp. garlic
· 1 jalapeno, seeded
· 1/3 cup cilantro
· Half a lime, juiced
· 1/4 c. water
· Salt and pepper to taste
· 2 tsp. chipotle in adobo
· 1/2 tsp. cumin
1. Slice tomatoes in half and place on a sheet pan. Place onion, and jalapeno on the sheet pan as well. Turn the oven on to high broil and char the top of the veggies.
2. Place all the roasted vegetables into a blender with the cilantro, lime, water, chipotle, cumin, salt and pepper to taste. Blend until fairly smooth, and adjust seasoning as needed.
· 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
· 1 zucchini, sliced
· ½ of a small onion, sliced
· Season with salt and pepper
· Squeeze of fresh lime
· ½ tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
1. Heat a large sauté pan with oil on medium high. Once hot, add in all of the veggies.
2. Cook the veggies until tender and golden. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Finish with a fresh squeeze of lime before serving.
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Smother seasoned chicken breasts with the jalapeno cream cheese.
3. Next, pour the salsa over top of the jalapeno cream cheese.
4. Grab some extra Mexican cheese blend and sprinkle it over the top of everything.
5. Place chicken into the oven and bake for 22-25 minutes or until chicken reaches 160 degrees internally and cheese is toasted and bubbly!
6. Serve with the fajita veggies and garish with fresh cilantro and lime!