Hi, my name is Therese, and I am a bread-aholic. I am here today to work through my extreme addiction to all things bread. From the crusty and crisp, to the light and delicate... I NEED it all.
My husband and I really enjoy creating meals together. We try to cook at home most evenings during the week. Many times, my husband Brent wants to do a nice light salad. Of course, it has all the lovely toppings to make it meal, but this is our way of keeping it healthy. Like clockwork, he will finish prepping the salad and my inner bread addiction will rise to the surface. "Sooo... do we have bread to go with that salad??". ME. EVERY TIME. See Brent doesn't need that carby, gorgeous side like I do, and he will laugh every time, go to the breadbasket or freezer, and pull out whatever we have bread-wise to cook up just for me. Good husband right there.
I would have to say my all-time favorite bread type would be the crusty and crisp with light airy center. However, I now have another favorite, and I am going to share these fluffs from heaven with you.
Sometimes you just need a good old fashion dinner roll on the side of really, any dish. Well, the recipe shared today is a buttery, dinner roll of perfection with a stunning and light pineapple glaze. You can absolutely leave these classic and skip that glaze, but I cannot recommend enough giving that pineapple a try! These are the fluffiest, tastiest, and most squish-able dinner rolls. Just remember, give them their peace and relaxation to do their rising business. All the magic happens in those two rise periods!
I hope you fall in love with these little edible clouds of joy as I have, and don't forget to share with the ones you love!
Soft Dinner Roll Dough: (15 rolls)
· 1 cup warm milk (just slightly warm to the touch)
· 1 Tablespoon instant yeast
· 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 3 Tablespoons butter, room temperature
· 1 egg
· 3 cups all-purpose flour
· 2 Tablespoons butter for greasing baking pan
· 1.5 cups powdered sugar
· 1 Tablespoon melted butter
· 2-3 Tablespoons pineapple juice
1. Combine the milk, yeast, and sugar in an electric mixer with dough hook attachment. Let stand for 2-3 minutes to activate the yeast.
2. Next, add in 3 tablespoons butter, egg, salt, and flour. Begin mixing on low until everything is well combined. Turn speed to medium and continue to knead for about 4-5 minutes or until the dough is pulling away from the sides into a nice smooth dough ball. The dough will be soft and slightly sticky.
3. Place dough into a large bowl that has been lightly greased. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 30-45 minutes or until doubled in size.
4. Take a 9x13 dish and rub it down with the 2 tablespoons of butter. Set aside.
5. To make the glaze: In a bowl combine powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon butter, and pineapple juice. Whisk until well combined. Cover and set aside.
6. Once dough is doubled in size, punch down the dough and divide it into 15 even pieces. Roll each dough piece into a tight ball. Place dough balls into greased dish in rows of 3 across and 5 down. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
7. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Bake rolls for 13-15 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown on top. You can lightly tap on the surface of the bread roll and if it has a hollow sound when tapped it is done baking.
8. Brush rolls with some sweet pineapple glaze while warm. Let rest until slightly cooled. Enjoy!